Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Monday, 29 February 2016

Collection #ConcealAndLightLikeAPro

I found this cute little concealer palette in Boots, I'm fairly certain that it is actually exclusive to Boots, and because it was on offer and I hadn't heard a lot about it I decided to pick it up, try it out and let you guys know what I think.
For an absolutely bargain of £5.99 you get this compact palette contain 4 different concealers, that you can easily blend to create the perfect match (although they do all seem to be more yellow than pink toned), 3 color correctors (green, yellow and purple) for if you require even more coverage, and a cream highlighter to add some glow to your skin.
Everything is really creamy and easy to blend - the concealers and highlighter more so than the color correctors which I find to be a smidgen on the drier side and only slightly harder to fully blend out.
I find that the concealers give a light to medium coverage that is really to easy to build up, especially because they are so lightweight. They also work really nicely over the color correctors, they work with them to give good coverage and don't allow any of the colors to show through making it look like you have green spots or yellow under eyes.
Personally the highlighter is not something that I can see myself using, partly because Im not a cream highlighter fan and partly because I don't highlight at the same time as I conceal. However I have swatched it and it looks pretty, but I would rather we got a 5th concealer.

I'm not massively into color correcting, one of the reasons that I brought this is because I wanted to try to get in to it and see what I thought.
A really nice thing this palette has (like I'm sure many others also do) is instructions on the back so you know exactly what each color does and where/when to use them.
I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging.
It doesn't really go with the brands image (in my opinion) and for me it just feel like a prototype packaging.
I also don't understand how cardboard packaging with slight magnetic closure will keep the product from drying out.

I would recommend you guys give this a go, it would be good for travel because it is so lightweight and compact but you still get a good amount of product and it won't take up too much space in your collection considering all you get. I also think for the price it is a really good way to dip your toes into the pool of color correctors and considering the range of product within the palette I'm sure that there is something in it that you will enjoy.

Talk to you soon
Livv
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx