Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Friday, 31 July 2015

Makeup Faux Pas

We have all been through periods of makeup mistakes and rather than being embarrassed about mine I thought I would share some of my faux pas with you all.
Feel free to let me know your own stories in the comments so we can all have a laugh together.

Colour block eyeshadow
When I was about 13/14 I would go to school with colour blocked eyeshadow applied either with a rubbish brush of a sponge tip applicator, needless to say that blending was minimal so you could really see I had one colour in the inner half of my eye and one on the putter.
Popular colour pairings where:
Pink and purple
Orange and blue
Green and purple - that one got a lot of compliments

Too dark face powder
Still in year 9, I started to wear face powder, and aside from the fact that I'm pretty sure i would wear it out any foundation underneath, it was definitely not my shade. I remember because it came in a kit I wore it, even though it was orange and a friend told me it was too dark.

Concealer lips
Who isn't guilty of this?
I actually do still do this from time to time because I love concealer lips nude. I know it's wrong and I should hate it but I don't.
Back in the day I would apply cover stick to my lips, as a lipstick, the blended it out so my lips matched my face. Or I would apply layers of liquid concealer.

Pink eyeliner
Don't get me wrong I'm all for a spot of coloured liner, but some colours should never be used and pink is one of them.
I use to use a pink eyeliner that must have made me look like I had pink eye, thankfully it was only a cheap Primark one that I insisted on using in my waterline so it didn't show up too much, and wore off pretty quickly.

Green nail polish
I do love me a mint mani but when I say green polish I mean proper neon green.
Again it was during year 9, clearly I was just a mess, I brought myself a bottle of neon green polish that's wore all the time on my toes - thinking back I must have looked like I had some kind of infection. I actually still have the bottle and I have nearly finished it, I must have loved that stuff.
I also had a greeny gold polish that I wore once without a basecoat so I was left with yellow stained nails - I now live in fear of stained nails after being asked for weeks what was wrong with my nails.

Frosted lipstick
I am quite the lip product fan, I always have been really, and if you where to look in my lipstick draw today you would see not just a range of colours but also finishes. But back when I was about 13 (year 8) all I wore was frosted pink hippies - super baby pink with a lot of silver frost/shimmer was my favourite. I didn't just have one of these, I had 2 or 3 and each one got a lot of love, I think my most loved was one from 2true.

Hope you all enjoyed reading about my past in makeup.
Love
Livv
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx