Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Primark P.S.Love Makeup Review & Tutorial: Bring on Spring

I was really excited to get my hands on some of Primarks make up line, P.S. Love.
Everything in the line is supper cheap and affordable, and considering the price you pay you're getting quality in not just the product but also the packaging - some of the products come in cute secondary packaging that has a sweet lace effect on them, and the main packaging on everything is really smooth and matte feeling.
Although some products are lacking, for the most part their pretty good and I think you should give them a look if you are in a Primark. They are fun to try and Im very impressed with the line as whole.
So much so that I have created this fun look for you that will be perfect for when spring and summer rolls around, I think this will be especially fun for festivals.

Firstly taking the 8 Shade Day Eyeshadow Palette (£2.50) apply pale pink all over the lid up to the brow bone for a transition shade and then take the darkest brown  just above the crease for a subtle cut crease look.
With the shimmery nude pack that over the lid, up to the cut crease, it intensify the shimmer in it you really want to pack that color on but you can just apply a light wash of the color if you want a more subtle shimmer.
This would be perfect for travel because of the range of shades and finishes that you are getting as well as a really god sized mirror.
I find that the more shimmer the shadow has the more pigment it has to it, so although some of the shades in this palette are lacking Primark does have a metallic palette where all the shades are shimmery and their singles seem to have a lot of shimmer to them so you might be better off with those.
Using the Felt Eye Liner Pen (£1.50) draw a basic line and wing, length and thickness are up to you.
The tip of this is really soft so it has a really nice application.
The formulation is a little on the wet side which makes the color not the deepest black. I dries really quickly and doesn't smudge, and I find that I naturally go over my eye liner line a couple times which helps to deepen the color.
To brighten out eyes for the spring I like to apply a white liner, this is just the white Primark Eye Liner (£1 for duo), it came in a pack of two with a champagne one.
Above the black line we have done I put the Eye Liner duo with the sky blue and sea foam green, I put the green on the inner half and the blue on the outer half.
Out of everything that I tried these are the more inconsistent, in terms of both color pay off and formulation.
White
Creamy but not as bright a white as I personally enjoy. It still acts as a brightener in the water line but in a more natural way, which I'm sure some would rather, especially those in school.
Champagne
The biggest disapointment, in the pencil this is stunning but it let me down. The formulation is quite waxy and their is minimal color pay off.
Sky Blue and Sea Foam Green
Creamy, pigmented and really long lasting - just amazing.
For a fun touch, that would fit right in at a festival I did a star next to each eye with the blue and green eye liners.
Just finish off the look with a Lip Stick (80p), I tried both the bright pink and the peach.
As much as I enjoyed the pink, for me it was too much so I settled with the peach, which by the way I have fallen in love with.

I was the most pleasently surprised with these.
I picked up two of the brighter shades, and their pay off is just amazing which is making me even more exciting for the spring and summer.
The formulation is on point, they apply like a dream and feel like a balm on the lips. Although they are not going to be lasting you all day, you will get a good few hours before needing to reapply.
Have you guys tried anything from the Primark Make up range?  If so what do you think about it?
Let me know in the comments.

I hope you liked this look
Love
Livv
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx