Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Thursday, 6 November 2014

MUA Winter Forest Matte Palette Tutorial

I wanted to show you this look I created using MUA's latest Matte palette which contains 10 on trend eye shadows for the autumn and winter.
I create this wearable day time look which has a neutral lid and a pop of blue along the lower lash line, but with the gray's you could create a blue and gray smoky eye for a night out.
Start by applying your foundation, powder and eye primer as normal to create a canvas for the rest of the make up. I used my Miss Sporty So Matte Foundation (Light), MUA Pressed Powder (Shade 2) and Absolute New York Eye Shadow Primer.
Take Chino all over the lid and take Truffle through the crease to really define it. I found that chino was the best lid shade out of all the palette because the other two obvious choices for lid shades (Camel and Sand) have very weak pigmentation.
Left to Right; Chino, Truffle
Before taking a fluffy blending brush and blending out the crease - be careful with your blending because these shadows do blend out to nothing because they are a little chalky so have the lightest hand when doing this and blend little by little to make sure there is still color their.
Prime your lower lash line and create a gradient blue line starting with Azure on the inner corner, Aqua on the middle third and Midnight on the outer corner. These three blue shades blend together amazingly and they are super pigmented. In person there is more of a noticeable gradient effect than in the photos.
Left to Right; Azure, Aqua, Midnight
With a black liner of your choosing line your upper liners, I did a double wing with the 17 High Drama Intensive Liquid Eyeliner because I found it worked better with this look, and I did my first wing wrong so I did a double line. And them do 2 or 3 coats of mascara - I used the Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash Mascara (reviewed here) although I would recommend something that gives you lots of volume and maybe even some false lashes.
For the checks I did some light contouring and highlighting with the Soap and Glory Solar Powder and for a natural flush effect used the ELF Studio Cream Blusher (Seductress) which you can always layer a pink or red blusher over the top of.
 
I opted for a nude lip of Natural Collection Lipstick (Apple Blossom (Reviewed Here)) and Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker (Candy Gloss (Reviewed Here)). but you can do whatever you want.
Hope you enjoyed this look I created and give it a go yourself, although I might recomend not pinning all your hopes on this palette I would take the blues from it and get your lid shades from any other neutral palette.
Love
Livv
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Love this look on you, and it's so easy! :-) Just found your blog and subscribed because I really like a lot of your posts and thoughts. Can't wait to see you more :-) I too am a beauty blogger, but new to it all and am really excited to connect with people during this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, your so sweet x

      Delete

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx