Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Thursday, 4 September 2014

Back To School 'No Makeup' Makeup Look, High School

For me high school meant a make up freedom that middle school didn't. Although we were told to keep it fairly natural you could still wear it and that's what counted.
A lot of high school still enforce the no make up rule which is why I a going to share with you how I would recreate the celebrity favourite, and school suitable 'no make up' make up look.
Depending on how good your skin is will depend on what you use on your face, if you have amazing skin with just one or two spots you can get away with a light layer of BB Cream or Tinted Moisturiser and some Powder.
However those of you have more discoloration and/or acne might no feel comfortable with some BB Cream or Tinted Moisturiser, I know I would prefer a foundation for back to school and the winter months, I would recommend a light to medium coverage one like the Rimmel Stay Matte because it will provide coverage and keep you looking matte but still look natural an non cakey. You can put some concealer over more problem areas if you want to but that's optional.
Once your foundation is in place you are going to want to set it with a powder, I like to use the MUA Pressed Powder (shade 2) because its cheap and works really well on my skin to keep my foundation on all day and those oils at bay. If your skin is dry you might be able to skip powder all together or just apply it to your T Zone but if you have oily skin (like me) it's probably best that you just put it all over your face.
An optional step would be to give your eye brows a bit of love, I'm not saying we need to fill them in because we want the natural look, but there is no harm in taming them by running some clear mascara through them, it doesn't have to be expensive and I find the MUA Mascara (shade 1) is perfect.
If you want to do eye shadow - I always did - you are going to want to keep it subtle. I like to take a light champagne pink shadow with some sheen to it across the lid, like the Bourjois eye shadow in Beige Rose, and then to add slight definition to the crease take a matte mid toned brown, I love the Natural Collection eye shadow in Chocolate Brown for this.
Keep the liquid line thin so it gives subtle definition and the illusion of thicker lashes. It is easy to create this by using a liquid liner with a think applicator, My choice is the Miss Sporty Studio Lash Eyeliner (extra black). 
One of the main things to avoid is so much mascara that your lashes clump together. One or two light coats of a not too extreme mascara, Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash Extra Black Mascara, will give you lashes a pretty fluttery effect without being over powering.
For the water line I like to stick with white eye liner, Natural Collection Eye Lines in Pure White (reviewed here), so open the eyes and make them brighter.
I don't really think you need to worry too much about contouring but if you have a really round face you want to add so dimension to then taking a light matte bronzer, like the Soap and Glory Solar Powder, lightly contour your face using the 3E method.
Blusher is key to this look because it will add back the color we took out at the start of the look. Avoid bright pinks and reds, anything that is not a natural flush color. What you use as your blusher is going to be personal to you and your skin color/tone just pick something that is similar to your natural flush - I like the No7 blusher in Coral Flush - take this on the apples of you cheeks blending it back.
For the lips kept it subtle, save the bright pink for the weekend. A tinted balm for a sheer lip gloss are what your looking for. I find I always get the back to school sickness so I would go for a tinted balm that will hydrate my lips and give me color, I like the Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss (reviewed here), but it is up to you what you use.
Hope you liked this look, and have fun going back to school
Love
Livv
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx