Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Saturday, 23 August 2014

First Impression: Collection Cream Puff - Powder Puff

I love a nude lip and have been dipping my toes in to the pool of matte lip products lately so when browsing the Collection stand in Superdrug this jumped out at me and I decided to give it a go.
They don't have the biggest color selection but I loved the look of this nude shade. Powder Puff is a slight orange toned concealer lips nude but on my lips its more concealer lips - for some reasons all tones of orange disappeared when I put it on. I am not complaining about the shade I get on my lips because I do love a concealer lips nude because done right I think they can look really nice.
One fear with a matte lip product is that it can make your lips look dry and flaky, this being a 'moisturising lip cream' means that as well as adding color it also adds so moisture, not a lot but just enough to prevent a flaky dead lip look.
 
I found that you have to be careful when you apply this, you want to do light layers for the best effect rather than just one thick coat because that can make it look a tough weird. My one complaint is that it isnt long lasting, I found that I got a couple hours color before I had to reapply.
 
The packaging is really nice, the lid is nice to hold and the tube is the roughly the same color as the product so although you cant see how much you have left you do know which one you are selecting. One of my favourite things about this is the smell of the product, I smells like cupcakes.

Hope you enjoyed my first impression of this product, I think I will try some other shades because I have enjoyed this.
Love
Livv
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx