Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Monday, 18 August 2014

August Glossybox 2014

It seems that this month Glossybox has undergone another makeover. Finally I think they have hit the nail on the head and made the box look like a luxury subscription box.
Although they have gone back to the old box size which upsets me because it is just a touch too small for nail polish storage, it has a matte finish again which I like better. The tissue paper now has Glossybox printed all over it, they have gone back to the plain (easy to reuse) ribbon and the product card is a nice card fold out thing.
Its not just the box itself that has had a makeover the mailer is also different, rather than the slate gray with pink logo, it is not a glossy black with a pink bow detail.
With this month being their third global box I was excited to see what they had got from different countries and although I was pleased (on the whole) with my product selection, everything seems to be very European.
Kryolan For Glossybox
Highlighter - Cashmere
The packaging is very similar to the packaging of ELF cream products which I personally enjoy because it's not super over the top, however I do find the lid to be a little stiff and hard to take off.
In the pot this looks like it will be a champagne cream highlighter but sadly it has minimal color pay off  but it does look very dewy. I am going to have to play with this on my face to see if it creates a highlighted effect rather than a shiny look, which on a person with oily skin can not be the best look.
Full Size = 4.5g: £12.95
Sample Size = 4.5g: £12.95

Figs & Rouge
Mini Hand Cream - Mango Mandarin
Anyone who knows me knows that I love mango scents so this is right up my street, and that packaging is like a tube of paint which is super cute to pull out your hand bag. It is a really thick lotion with shea butter so its super moisturising - good to take on holiday for applying after being in the pool.
I have a backlog of hand cream, for me its like body lotion - its something that I know I should use more than I do but I can never be bothered to apply it. Its a fairly compact tube which makes it a really good hand lotion to carry around with you, even if you are only taking a small bag so I will have no excuse not to at least have it with me.
Full Size = 80ml: £6.95
Sample Size = 20ml: £1.73

Yves Rocher
Mini Nail Polish - Rose
You might not know this about me but mini nail polish scares me. I have no idea why, all I know is that I will have them in my collection and no matter how pretty the color will not use them. Although it is pretty basic the bottle is pretty cute.
This is a dusty rose color which I love and maybe because it is meant to be this size - it is part of a collection of mini nail polishes - I will use it.
Full Size = 3ml: £3.60
Sample Size = 3ml: £3.60

Philip Kingsley
Elasticizer
Originally created for Audrey Hepburn this is a pre-shampoo treatment designed to give hair elasticity, manageability, shine and bounce without weighing it down or leaving it feeling full of product. 
I am excited to use this on a pamper night because you have to leave it for 10-20 minutes before washing out, so it will be nice to relax in the bath with a good book while it works its magic in your hair.
Full Size = 250ml: £38
Sample Size = 40ml: £6.08

Lalique
L'Amour
Although a perfume sample isn't my first choice for a Glossybox item this is one that I had never heard of and it comes in a nice little bottle. The lid it easy to remove with out using your teeth so it doest get in your mouth and rather than one big hole it has lots of small ones to control the amount of product you pour out.
It smells really nice, its a floral, it isn't something that I would buy a full size of but its nice and I will enjoy the sample. This is a scent that I would think is perfect for ages 16 and older just because it isn't a super sweet younger scent.
Full Size = 50ml: £67
Sample Size = 2ml: £2.68

Essence
I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara
As much as I love getting makeup in Glossybox they need to stop with the mascara, I am one of those people who likes to only have one or two mascaras on the go so that I can really get my use out of them before they dry up and thanks to Glossybox I have a about 4 or 5 backup mascaras so I am good for a while. From the picture this looks like it has a plastic wand so its not going to be something that everyone enjoys, I for one like plastic wands so its a winner for me, and I love the cute, fun packaging it has but again I don't think everyone will.
Essence has slowly started to make its way over to England but I have yet to have a chance to get my hands on anything from them yet so I was very happy to see something from them sitting in my Glossybox. With a name like 'Extreme Crazy Volume' this mascara is just begging to be put to the test and I will be sure to do a review of it when I get a chance to use it.
Full Size = 12ml: £2.79
Sample Size = 12ml: £2.79

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I got in my Glossybox for this month, in total all my items are worth £29.83 and I am pleased with the good range of products I got.
Love
Livv
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx