Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Thursday, 17 July 2014

July Glossybox 2014: Stars and Stripes

Sorry its a bit photo heavy :/
For those of you looking for a variety of beauty products from hair care to make up I would suggest that you give this months Glossybox a miss, but for those of you who like the make up side of Glossybox this is for you. My box comes with 5 full size make up items all of which I will use, and for the first time I can say actually match my Beauty Profile.
The theme for this month is based on 4th of July and although the products are all cult products of the USA I would have liked to see a couple more that you cant get in England.

Belapierre Cosmetics Ltd
Mineral Lipstick - Ruby
Although the packaging looks a little cheap and its super hard to open, this feels like an amazing lipstick, its vanilla scented, goes on smoothly, highly pigmented and is pretty much smudge proof.
Im really happy I got the red because it is perfect not just for summer but for all year and any time of the day. I am going to have a lot of fun creating summer looks around this lippy.
Full Size = One Size: £20

ABSOLUTE New York
Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer
Personally I don't use eye shadow primer, I just use concealer but this is still an amazing product to get because other than beauty vloggers and bloggers I don't really see eye primers talked about so this will get people to see how key they are to getting your shadows to stay in place all day.
 
 
Despite the packaging saying this is oil free when I tried this out on my hand it felt quite greasy and took a while to dry so I don't know how that's going to work under eye shadow so I need to play around with this and let you know what I think.
Full Size = 7.9g: $4.99/£2.92

Carmex
Lip Balm
I have wanted to try Carmex for the longest time because everyone says how amazing it is. This is a beeswax based lip balm with menthol that is meant to keep your lips conditioned and nourished.
 
 
 
Sadly I was let down, it was nourishing but the tingling feeling it gave my lips wasn't welcome, and it also smelt like 'Vicks' which is most likely because of the menthol.
Full Size = 7.5g: £2.69

Color Club
Nail Polish - Glossy Seal
Pretty sure this is a brand that we cant get in the UK so I'm super excited to try this out. The color is exclusive to Glossybox which I really like because it makes it seem that bit more special, its also a really big bottle so you don't really need to worry that you will finish it and not be able to replace it any time soon.
 
 
Not sure how often  will wear this because its a dark teal and firstly I tend to stay away from blue polish and secondly I never know when to wear it, is it too dark for summer? or is it too light for winter?
Full Size = 15ml: $8/£4.68

NYC
Cream to Powder Blush Stick - Soho Pink
This is another product that I have wanted to try for ages but I have never found them in the UK. This is a creamy stick blusher that you apply to your checks from the stick and blend with your fingers to get your desired look.
 
 
I love the natural pink tone of this blusher and it will be perfect for natural make up days. I really like cream blusher for those days when I want my make up to last all day because I apply some cream blush and top it with a powder blusher of a similar color.
Full Size = 11g: £2.99

I am really happy with my box this month and I hope you are too. It is worth £33.28 so not the highest value but I know I will actually use everything and not leave it sitting for ages before finally using it.
Hope you enjoyed
Love
Livv
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx