Well Hello There

Thanks For Stopping By
XXXX

Monday, 19 May 2014

May 2014 Glossybox: Summer Beauty Edit

To celebrate both the 3rd Birthday of Glossybox and the 50th anniversary of Superdrug the two have teamed up to create the summer beauty edit which they promised would contain at least 4 full size products as well as some extra bonus products.
Everything that I got in my box I am pleased with and will use, not to mention aside from the bonus products everything I got was full size.

Solait
Illuminating Facial Bronzing Cream
Full Size = 100ml - £2.99
Im not 100% sure what this is, the pot says that it is a fake tan for the face but from reading about it, it looks to deliver radiance for a healthy and luminous glow. So I will have a play before sharing my feelings about it with you.
This cream contains lots of ingredents which benefit the skin, for example aloe vera and vitamin E to soften and hydrate the skin. Im thinking this will be a 'good skin day' where you can just put this on with a touch of concealer and some translucent powder while still getting a glow and bronze tint.

Rimmel London
Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara
Black
Full Size = 12ml - £6.99
I loved the original, read the review here, so Im hoping that this one will be just as good. It claims that the hourglass shaped wand plumps and curves the lashes so that your lashes look fake and eyes look wider.
I have a few mascaras I need to try still but this one will add to the collection and I look forward to using it.

2True Pro
3D Candy Nail Art
Full Size = 8g - £3
This is a bottle of pink and black nail beads which are used to create a caviar manicure which was very on trend a couple of summers ago, although it can be a hassle to apply when done right and for a special occasion these sort of things can be the a really fun alternative to just painting your nails.

Superdrug
Large Doughnut Ring
Full Size - £3.99
I already have a brown one of these that I love to use, so having an extra one will come in handy for things like travel or when I just misplace one of them.

I Love Cosmetics
Strawberries and Milkshake Shimmer and Shine Lip Gloss
Full Size = 15ml - £1.29
This very much reminds of a lip gloss you would have as a child, the plastic taste and slight plastic undertones in the scent of the gloss.
Its a very pretty slightly nude pink toned lip gloss with shimmer in it that is a great product to just have in your bag for on the go because it will look good over a nude lip but the color is subtle enough that it can put used over a brighter shade without looking funky.

Bonus Products
These two products are the sort of things that Glossybox has given as actual products and people are never happy to see, however as a bonus product they are the sort of thing that people will be happy to get.

Garnier
Oil Beauty Lotion
Full Size = 250ml - £4.99
Sample Size = 10ml - £0.19
This is a lotion that I will be waiting for the Winter to try because it is for dry skin with a range of replenishing oils like almond, argan and macademia.
This foil sample will give you one to two uses, not quite enough time to see if you like it, but enough to know if you will have a negative reaction to it.

GHOST Fragrances
Eclipse
Full Size = 50ml - £33
Sample Size = 2ml - £1.32
This smells amazing, it is a floral fruity scent that has an amber base, its one of those scents that will work for you in all seasons which is perfect for those girls that like to have just one perfume that they can use all the time. I like that this comes in a spray bottle because it is easier to try it rather than dealing with a tip bottle where I often cant be bothered.

I really did enjoy the box this month and hope that Glossybox keeps up the good work of full size products that I want to use.
This month my box was worth - £19.77

Hope you enjoyed
Let my know what you got in your Glossybox
Love
Livv
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, have a lovely day xxx